All About Posting Dental Insurance Payments
Learn how to post correctly to ensure clean ledgers and accurate accounting. You’ll know the various types of payments, and create a process for posting them.
This course covers 5 main concepts.
- Posting payments 101! Understand payment types, EOBs, and develop a good posting process
- The how, the where, and the why you notate accounts when posting
- A process for posting by procedure, and why it’s important
- What adjustments are, and how, when, and why you need to take accurate posting adjustments
- What reconciliation is, and how it leads to accurate accounting
By the end of this training you will:
Understand why notating accounts will save you time and headaches
Know what posting by procedure is and understand the many benefits
Know when to take adjustments (write-offs) while posting and how to enter them
Earn one (1) CE credit
Josh is a leading authority in dental practice business administration. He developed an insurance billing process that increases collections and allows more focus on patient care and productivity.
He and two partners established Dental ClaimSupport, providing insurance claim services and education. Josh is also the author of the book, The Ultimate Guide to Dental Billing & Reporting, to help dental practices thrive with an accurate, profitable claims process.
Dental Claims Academy
This course is part of a training center for in-house dental insurance claims experts. Get access to all resources -- coding knowledge, billing process training, a mastermind group, a discussion forum, and more -- as a member of Dental Claims Academy.